Townsend Sports Club was established in 1919 and has been running a tennis and a bowls club ever since. In recent years, we have also started a Darts section, and are looking to increase the number of sports that operate under the Townsend banner.
The old wooden clubhouse was replaced in 2001 with the current two-storey brick building you see now. It has all the facilities you might expect, plus a few more that you might not.
- a large hall / bar area which can accommodate up to 120 people
- a large kitchen that is equipped to be able to cater for these large numbers
- a fully stocked bar run by professional bar staff, with another ‘snug’ bar attached
- men’s and ladies’ changing rooms
- a smaller room that can be used for bridge, pilates, small parties, etc
- a lift connecting the two floors
- large screen TV
- a pool table and a table tennis table
- balconies for viewing the bowls green and the tennis courts
For more information or for more details on venue hire, click on the links on the right.